1. Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter Kuwait?
- citizens with a valid visa or residency may enter Kuwait.
Visitor visas are not being issued upon arrival at the airport. Visas are also not available electronically in advance.
- citizens without valid visas wishing to visit Kuwait will need to request visas or other approval in advance of travel from a Kuwaiti embassy or consulate.
2. Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR) required for entry?
Arriving passengers must obtain a negative PCR test result administered by a health clinic within 96 hours of boarding their flight to Kuwait and bring the results in English with them. No translation is required. Children under the age of six (6) do not require a PCR test.
3. Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine upon entry in Kuwait?
All passengers arriving in Kuwait from any country must home quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.
4. Is travel to Kuwait restricted?
Reconsider travel to Kuwait due to COVID-19. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory. The US Dept of State has revoked the Do Not Travel restriction by revising the Level 4 Travel Advisory to Level 3 on September 17, 2020.
How safe is Kuwait to travel for US citizens?
Terrorist groups and those inspired by such organizations are intent on attacking U.S. citizens abroad. Terrorists are increasingly using less sophisticated methods of attack- including knives, firearms, and vehicles – to more effectively target crowds. Frequently, their aim is vulnerable or unprotected targets, such as:
High profile public events (sporting contests, political rallies, demonstrations, holiday events, celebratory gatherings, etc.)
- Hotels, clubs, and restaurants frequented by tourists
- Places of worship
- Shopping malls and markets
- Public transportation systems (including subways, buses, trains, and scheduled commercial flights)
Do not travel to:
The desert region near the border with Iraq due to the prevalence of unexploded ordnance.
Exercise increased caution:
The Jeleeb Al-Shuyoukh area in Kuwait City due to crime.
Quick Facts to Check Before You Travel
U.S. Embassy and Consulates Contact Info
U.S. Embassy Kuwait
Bayan, Block 13,
Masjed Al-Aqsa Street,
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Telephone: +(965) 2259-1001
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(965) 2259-1001
Fax: +(965) 2259-1438