The displayed fares were last found on: Sun | 09 May 11:41 PM(EST) . Fares are round trip.
The airfare to Fort Myers displayed above are round-trip. The ticket cost is non-warranted as airlines update them based on availability that keeps on changing. The total value of the fare includes the base fare, fuel surcharge, airline or airport taxes. No hidden fee.
Fort Myers: The City Overview
Fort Myers is a gateway to the southwest Florida region, and one of the most-visited places in Florida and the USA. Fort Myers or Ft. Myers, is the county seat and a hub of economic activities of Lee County. The city’s prime tourism season is winter, i.e. from November to February. When most of the parts in the USA are reeling under extreme cold temperature, Fort Myers stays warm with lows not dipping below 50s °F.
The winter estates of Thomas Edison (“Seminole Lodge”) and Henry Ford (“The Mangoes”) are major attractions.
The city is named after Colonel Abraham Myers, the quartermaster general of the Confederate States Army
Southwest Florida International Airport
Airport Code: RSW
Location: The airport is in Fort Myers metropolitan area located roughly six miles from the city’s central business district.
Popular Carriers: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines
Quick Facts: The airport has one terminal with three concourses – B, C and D. Air Canada, Eurowings, Frontier, Southwest, and Sun Country use the concourse B. Delta, United, and WestJet operate from concourse C, and American, JetBlue, and Spirit from Concourse D serves American, JetBlue, and Spirit.
- American (AA): The flag carrier of America has nonstop flights to Myers from Fort Myers, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, and Washington–National.
- Frontier Airlines (F9): The leading low-cost carrier has nonstop flights from airports in Boston, Chicago–O’Hare, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Long Island/Islip, Newark, and Philadelphia.
- Delta (DL): Delta Air Lines operates nonstop flights from Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
- Southwest (WN): Book your plane ticket to Fort Myers with Southwest Airlines, the world’s largest low-cost airline. WIN has nonstop flights from Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago–Midway, Columbus–Glenn, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, and St. Louis.
- Spirit Airlines (NK): Book your cheap airline tickets to Fort Myers with Spirit, the top-rated budget airline. The airline has scheduled nonstop departures from Atlantic City, Chicago–O’Hare, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Newark.
1. Paint a coconut
If you are an art lover, painting classes at Fort Myers Beach are almost irresistible. There are many art galleries on the colourful pine island including Painting with a Twist and Vino’s Picasso where you can unleash your creativity. You get a company of inspiring art instructors. Even if you’ve never painted a day in your life, you will end up making a great art with unlimited fun. You are also welcomed with a selection of wines and craft beers.
2. Head to Matanzas Pass Preserve
Encounter crabs, lizards and birds live in abundance on the 7-mile long island of Estero and into the 60-acre mangrove. Visit the Edison & Ford Winter Estates featuring 20 acres of tropical gardens and the largest banyan tree in the US. If you happen to be there on a third Friday of a month, Fort Myers’ Music Walk is there to make your trip to the destination rewarding and unforgettable. The streets remain filled with live music and performances.
3. Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
Visiting Fort Myers with kids? The Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve is over 3,500 acres of kid-friendly wetland ecosystem with a Boardwalk trail and Interpretive Center. The cypress slough catches and slowly filters rainwater on its way towards Estero Bay. The preserve is home to otters, alligators, turtles, wading birds, and more along with migrating birds and butterflies.
4. IMAG History and Science Center
Discover the wonders of science and history at IMAG History and Science Center. Feed a stingray, touch animals in the LIVE! Animal Encounter shows, and visit the Living Lab to see turtles, snakes, frogs, a bearded dragon, and much more!
Gaze at the Florida native, and exotic fish in the 3,200-gallon aquarium built by Animal Planet’s Tanked and visit the original fort of Fort Myers in a one-of-a-kind 3D Virtual Reality experience. Wondering about things to do with kids in Fort Myers as old as 6 years? Younger visitors enjoy the Mini Museum’s early childhood area. Come see for yourself why the IMAG is one of the top-rated places for family fun in Southwest Florida! Mind the timings of the attraction.
1. What airline has the cheapest air ticket to Fort Myers?
Southwest and Frontier Airlines.
2. How much time does it take to reach Fort Myers?
Flight distance and flight time between Fort Myers and some popular US cities are provided as follows:
|Origin City||Flight Distance||Flight Time|
|Atlanta||515 miles/828 km||1 hour 14 minutes|
|New York||1,076 miles/1732 km||2 hours 39 minutes|
|Baltimore||920 miles/1480 km||02 hour 16 minutes|
|Dallas Fort Worth||1,017 miles/1636 km||2 hours 07 minutes|
|Boston||1,249 miles/2010 km||3 hour 03 minutes|
|Philadelphia||992 miles/1597 km||02 hours 25 minutes|
3. What is the best time to visit Fort Myers?
November, December, January and February.
4. Which is the best airport to fly in Fort Myers?
Southwest Florida International Airport
5. What is the coldest month in Fort Myers?
December and January are the coldest month.
6. What is the wettest month in Myers?
The wettest month (with the highest rainfall) is June (9.3″). The driest month (with the lowest rainfall) is April (1.4″).