The airfare against displayed to you on the website is inclusive of all the base fare, taxes levied by the airlines and the airports, fuel surcharge & service charges. The total fare is dynamic in nature and subject to change in case of traffic. Cheapfaremart won’t be liable for any difference in prices at the time of booking from the earlier displayed fare.
Also known as The Island of the Knights, Rhodes is the largest of the Dodecanese islands of Greece and is also the island group’s historical capital.
Oslo is the capital and most populous city of Norway. It constitutes both a county and a municipality. During the Viking Age (793–1066 AD), the area was part of Viken, the northernmost Danish province. The age saw large-scale raiding, colonizing, conquest and trading throughout Europe, and North America by its ethnic people so-called Norsemen.
Rhodes International Airport
Official Name: Oslo Gardermoen Airport
Airport Code: RHO
Location: The facility is located just north of the village Paradeisi, about 14 km southwest of the capital city, Rodos
Hub For: Olympic Air
Interesting Facts: Rhodes International Airport was the fourth busiest airport in Greece as of 2019, with 5,542,567 passengers making use of the airport.
Popular carriers with their hubs that usually serve as the connection airports are mentioned below.
- Air Serbia (JU): Air Serbia is the flag carrier of Serbia with its hubs at Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport (BEG), Niš Constantine the Great Airport (INI), and Morava Airport (KVO). Most of the departure flights to Rhodes from USA with Air Serbia have their stop or layover at the mentioned hubs.
- Volotea (V7): Volotea is a Spanish low-cost airline with bases in Spain, Italy, France and Greece. Take a note of the stop or layover airport before booking your air ticket to Rhodes.
- Aegean Airlines (A3): Aegean Airlines is the flag carrier airline of Greece with its hubs at Athens International Airport (ATH; Country: Greece)), Larnaca International Airport (LCA; Country:Cyprus) and Macedonia International Airport (SKG; Country: Greece)
- British Airways (BA): British Airways (BA) is the flag carrier airline of the United Kingdom. London Heathrow (LHR) and London Gatwick (LGW) are its hubs. BA flights to Rhodes are likely to have a connection at either of the airports.
- Turkish Airlines (TK): It’s a flag carrier airline of Turkey with is hub at Istanbul Airport. All departure flights to Oslo, Norway from the USA are likely to have their hub at this airport.
- American Airlines (AA): American Airlines is the flag carrier of the USA, and one of the best airlines in the North America by on-time performance. The airline operates its flights with connection at Amman (AMM) airport in Jordan. When it operates with British Airways, it may have its connection at the hub (LHR) of the latter’s.
- United Airlines (UA): United Airlines is a major American Airlines. It’s departure flights to Kuwait are operated by Lufthansa or other carriers. The connection happens at the hub airport of the latter. For example, from EWR, it takes a stop in Germany (FRA)
Nonstop or direct flights to Rhodes are not available with any airlines.
The city has a mild summer (19-30 degrees Celsius), thanks to Meltemi winds blowing in between April to November. This makes summer the best times to visit Rhodes. If you love flower. It’s worthwhile to plan your vacation to Rhodes in mid-May so that you can be part of the Flower Festival, which takes place on the Mandraki harbor.
The temperature declines between December to March, with temperature going low at 12 degrees, but there are always many restaurants, cafes and attraction sites open. If you have planned your vacation by the end of December or early January, you must pay attention to the Sound and Light festival. This is a 50-minute show performed in Greek, German, French, Sweden, and English every year on 1st January. The performance is carried out at the Castle Ground, giving a look and feel of medieval times, and playing out the story against the attack of the Turks.
1. Acropolis of Lindos
This is an archaeologically rich site which stands above a rock of 115m overlooking the sea. This place has been occupied by the Greeks and the Ottomans at different points of time. So, if you are planning to go there, do not forget to wear hats and bring water along with you.
2. Old City
The Old City is the largest medieval city identified as a cultural heritage by UNESCO since 1988. The city has the classic look of the medieval times, with narrow streets, medieval churches, classical architecture and everything about the city that makes you fall in love with it.
3. Archaeological Museum of Rhodes
This place consists of vases, sculptures, ceramics and more, which dates back to centuries ago, to the Hellenistic period, the Archaic, the Roman and the Mycenean. A visit to this place shall give you an insight into the local culture and the influences it went under different civilizations and population.
A wonderfully preserved virgin beach in Rhodes serving as your stop-by place at night must be on your travel dairies.You can set up your tent in the night to embrace the sea view, burn bonfire, bring food from some local markets and gear up yourselves with some good music. You are all set for an amazing night.
Being in the city of Rhodes is itself an adventure, but no one can say no to more fun, right? So, here is a list of a couple of things you can do to make your trip memorable.
1. Hiking Filemoris
If you love trekking, walking amidst nature, it is not a difficult task so that anyone can do it. It is a trek of 7kms which shall take around 4 hours. This trek shall take you around the forest and a few points through the roads, with a church visit in between and an adventurous picnic at the top of the cliff—now, that sums up your adventure quest folks!
2. Rock Climbing and Rappelling
This program is designed for youngsters, families and even couples who like an adventurous streak, or anyone who loves to get that adrenaline rush. There is a 20m high rock one needs to climb after which one can go for a 30 meters rappel, taking you through the big cave.
3. Boat Riding
If you are a fan of getting on boats, watching sea and coasts and want to spend a romantic evening with your loved one, or celebrate an occasion like a small family gathering, you can opt for this boat ride. You will have an option to choose between Chalki and Alymni, and East Coast of Rhodes.
4. Symi’s day trip
An island about an hour away from the island from Rhodes, Symi, is a famous destination for a day’s trip built in between the ruins of Symi’s ancient citadel. This place has many neoclassical stone facades, pastel-hued shutters and iron balconies and everything that gives this place a bit of rustic look.