Every airfare to Warsaw Poland listed below is based on historical data and is subject to change. Cheapfarmart, its employees or affiliates make no guarantee regarding their stability at the time of booking. The cost of plane tickets to Warsaw Poland includes fuel surcharges, our service fee and taxes imposed by the respective airline and the terminal airports.
Covid-19: US Department of State Advisory on Travel to Poland
1. Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter Poland?
Non-essential travel to Poland is restricted from many countries outside the European Union, including the United States. Only foreigners who qualify for the exceptions are allowed to enter.
2. Are commercial flights to Poland operating?
3. Are travelers from the US required to quarantine in Poland?
All travelers who are permitted to enter Poland, except for the categories mentioned below, must undergo a mandatory 10-day quarantine at their place of stay in Poland. Here is the list of the exempted categories.
- Travelers admitted to Poland who arrived on flights originating from the following countries: European Union countries (except for Spain, Portugal, Malta, Luxembourg, and Sweden), Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Georgia, Japan, Canada, and Republic of Korea
- Citizens of Poland
- Foreigners who are spouses or children of Polish citizens or remain under the permanent care of Polish citizens
- Citizens and residents of European Union countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland, and their spouses and children
- Pupils and students enrolled in Polish educational institutions
- Service members of the Polish Army or allied military service members, police officers, border guards, customs officers, fire brigade members, State Security Service members, Road Transport Inspection officers, or sea administration inspectors
- Crew members on airlines, trains, shipping vessels, or offshore drilling platforms
- Persons performing certain work in the oil and energy sectors
- Drivers of commercial vehicles transporting goods or passengers
- Diplomats and their family members assigned to Poland
4. Are commercial flights to Poland operating?
Yes. Commercial flights from the USA to the EU/Schengen Area are operational.
5. Is public transportation functional in Poland?
All public transportation passengers must wear a mask covering their mouth and nose and must adhere to social distancing measures.
6. Is travel to Poland restricted?
The Department of State issued Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) for US travelers to Poland on August 06, 2020. It advises travelers to reconsider travel to Poland due to COVID-19.
Travelers are advised to fill out Smart Traveler Enrollment Program STEP. This is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It entitles them to get the following types of assistance.
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Warsaw is the capital and largest city of Poland.
The metropolis stands on the Vistula River in east-central Poland and its population is officially estimated at 1.8 million residents. Warsaw is the 7th most-populous capital city in the European Union. The city limits cover 2,355.39 sq miles (517.24 square kilometres).
Warsaw is an alpha global city, a major international tourist destination, and a significant cultural, political and economic hub. Its historical Old Town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Official Name: Warsaw Chopin Airport
Airport Code: WAW
Location: This airport is about 38 km from the city center of Warsaw
Hub For: LOT Polish Airlines
Focus City For: Enter Air, Nordica, Ryanair Sun, Smartwings Poland, Sprint Air, Wizz Air
Interesting Facts: It is Poland’s busiest airport with 18.9 million passengers in 2019. It handles approximately 40% of the country’s total air passenger traffic.
Below is a list of popular carriers operating 1 or 2-stop flights to Warsaw, Poland from the USA. We have mentioned the carrier type, country and hub airport. Hub airport serves as the layover or stopover enroute.
|Finnair (AY):||Flag carrier||Finland||Helsinki Airport (HEL).|
|TAP Portugal (TP)||Flag carrier||Portugal||Porto Airport (OPO)|
|LOT Polish Airlines||Flag carrier||Portugal||Warsaw (WAW), Budapest (BUD)|
|Turkish Airlines (TK)||Flag carrier||Turkey||Istanbul Airport (IST)|
|Aer Lingus (EI)||Flag carrier||Ireland||Dublin Airport (DUB)|
|Iberia (IB) Airlines||Flag carrier||Spain||Madrid Airport (MAD)|
|American Airlines (AA) with British Airways (BA)||Flag carrier||USA||London Heathrow (LHR), London Gatwick (LGW)*
|United Airlines (UA) with Lufthansa (LH)||Mainline carrier||USA||Frankfurt (FRA)*|
No carriers operate nonstop flights to Warsaw from any of the cities/airports in the USA.
- Hub of partner airlines serves as the connection airport.
From May through September is the best time to visit Warsaw. The temperature during the period hovers around 60-degree Fahrenheit in day timings. The mild and low temperature coupled with events and festivals like Chopin summer concerts, Yoga in the park, Warsaw fashion street, midsummer’s eve, and Warsaw international street art festival, are a few to name. The winter remains genuinely chilled, but if you are planning to make the trip, we recommend you to book your round-trip flights at night to Warsaw, which will help you avoid the last minute rush. We make sure your journey starts on a positive note.
Book a cheap flight to Warsaw Poland and make the most of your vacation. Here are the top attractions in the city that you must not skip while planning your days. We urge you to take help of the government’s tourism bodies to have better information on the sightseeing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What cities in the USA have nonstop flights to Warsaw?
San Francisco (SFO), Miami (MIA), and New York (JFK). Most of the nonstop flights are operated by LOT Polish Airlines, which is the flag carrier airline of the USA.
2. How long does it take to fly to Warsaw?
The approximate distance and flight time between Warsaw and some popular US cities are as follows:
|Departure City||Flight Distance||Flight Time||Time Difference|
|New York (JFK)||4,271 miles/6874 km||09 hours 03 minute||WAW is 06 hours ahead|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||6,005 miles (9664 km)||12 hours 31 minutes||WAW is 09 hours ahead|
|Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)||5,486 miles (8829 km)||11 hours 28 minutes||WAW is 07 hours ahead|
|Denver (DEN)||5,307 miles (8541 km)||11 hours 07 minutes||WAW is 08 hours ahead|
|San Francisco (SFO)||5,867 miles (9443 km)||12 hours 14 minutes||WAW is 09 hours ahead|
3. Which airline has the cheapest ticket to Warsaw?
LOT Polish Airlines. It’s a flag carrier airline of Poland. It has nonstop as well as connecting flights to Warsaw from most of the popular US cities.
4. What long should my passport be valid to visit Warsaw?
Six months remaining validity strongly recommended; at least three months remaining validity beyond planned departure from the Schengen area is required
5. Do I need a tourist visa to visit Warsaw?
Tourist visa is not required for stays under 90 days.
6. How much currency shall I have to enter or exit Warsaw?
10,000 euros on entry, and the same balance on exit.