The displayed fares were last found on: Sat | 25 September 07:53 PM(EST) . Fares are round trip.
The airfare to Minneapolis, a state in Minnesota is displayed above. Fares are round-trip. The ticket cost is non-warranted unless ticketed successfully with PNR generation and payment transaction. Airlines update them based on availability that keeps on changing. The total value of the fare includes the base fare, fuel surcharge, airline or airport taxes. No hidden fee.
Minneapolis: The City Overview
Minneapolis, which literally means the “The City of Lakes” is the largest city in Minnesota. Along with neighboring Saint Paul, it forms the urban core of the Twin Cities region, the third largest metropolitan area in the Midwest after Chicago and Detroit. There are 22 natural lakes. The series of lakes comprising Cedar, Isles, Bde Maka Ska (Lake Calhoun), Harriet, Nokomis, each 3-4 miles around, is dubbed as Chain of Lakes.
Minneapolis lies on both banks of the Mississippi River. Downtown in Minneapolis is a central district and home to major sports and theater venues. The city’s main clubbing area in the Warehouse District, Loring Park, Elliot Park, and the historic mill run along the Mississippi River.
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
Airport Code: MSP
Location: The airport is within 10 miles (16 kilometers) of both downtown Minneapolis and downtown Saint Paul.
Hub for : Delta Air Lines, Sun Country Airlines
Quick Facts: The airport has two terminals with 131 gates. Terminal 1 has seven concourses A to G comprising of 117 gates. Top carriers using Terminal 1 are Delta, Air Canada, Air Choice One, Air France, Alaska, American, Boutique Air, Denver Air Connection, KLM, Spirit and United.
The terminal now has 14 gates and houses the primary hub for Sun Country Airlines, as well as Condor, Icelandair, Frontier, JetBlue and Southwest.
- Sun Country Airlines (WL): Sun Country is a leading ultra-low-cost carrier of the USA. Expect cheap plane tickets to Minneapolis. Nonstop flight operations to Minneapolis are available from Cancún, Chicago–O’Hare, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Portland (OR), San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle/Tacoma. On peak seasons it also operates from other cities.
- American (AA): The flag carrier of America has nonstop flights to Minneapolis from Charlotte, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia, and Phoenix–Sky Harbor. You can also book plane tickets to MSP from Miami with a nonstop flight, but it’s seasonal operation.
- Frontier Airlines (F9): Book cheap air ticket to Minneapolis with Frontier, the leading low-cost carrier. It has nonstop flights from Denver all round year. In the peak season, Frontier also operates nonstop flights to MSP from Austin, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, and Trenton.
- Alaska Airlines (AS): Book your airline tickets to Minneapolis with Alaska, one of the major US airlines. It has nonstop flights to MSP from Portland (OR), and Seattle/Tacoma, which is hub of the carrier. From other airlines, you are likely to find a connecting flight.
- Southwest (WN): Book your plane ticket to Minneapolis with Southwest Airlines, the world’s largest low-cost airline. The airline operates nonstop flights to Minnesota from Baltimore, Chicago–Midway, Dallas–Love, Denver, Kansas City, Nashville, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, and St. Louis.
- Spirit Airlines (NK): Book your cheap airline tickets to Minneapolis with Spirit, the top-rated budget airline. From Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and Orlando, you can find nonstop flights with the airline.
1. Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA)
Minneapolis is home to many art museums. The Minneapolis Institute of Arts in Whittier is the principal museum of fine arts. It has a vast collection of Asian arts spanning over 5000 years. Fans of modern arts, can’t ignore the Walker Art Center near Loring Park. There is one more notable contemporary art museum – Weisman Art Museum on the U of M East Bank campus. The museum is more popular for its Frank Gehry-designed building than any of the art collections it has.
A new addition to the collection of art museums in Minneapolis is The Museum of Russian Art, housed in a former church in Southwest Minneapolis. The museum has 20th-century Russian art which naturally means there is also a strong collection of Soviet art.
2. Check Musical Events
Minneapolis presents a diverse local music scene- punk, folk, club, jazz, classical, house, reggae, hip-hop, etc. Keep a watch on the upcoming musical events if you are visiting the city. Summer is the best season when you can find a variety of local music groups organizing events and performances.
3. Explore Lakes and Parks
Minneapolis is known for its chain of lakes and greenery. Popular lakes are Cedar Lake, Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska, Lake Harriet, Lake Nokomis, and Minnehaha Creek. The Chain of Lakes has a walking path and a one-way biking/skating path. The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area – a national park that runs through Minneapolis and Saint Paul on the banks of the river Mississippi forms a 72-mile green corridor between Dayton and Ramsey, MN and Hastings, MN. Enjoy fishing, cycling, birtd-watching, canoeing, etc.
4. Children’s Theatre Company
The Children’s Theatre Company in Minneapolis presents plays for all ages, including motivational performances designed to inspire youth. Many productions are based on classic children’s literature. Plays are presented from January through June, and the CTC also offers Theater Arts Training programs for youth to introduce them to the performing arts.
Note: Smoking is prohibited by Minnesota state law at all restaurants, bars, nightclubs, workplaces, and public buildings. Violating the ban can result in a misdemeanor charge and a $300 fine.
1. What airline has the cheapest air ticket to Minneapolis?
Sun Country, Southwest, Spirit, Frontier Airlines.
2. How much time does it take to reach Minneapolis?
Flight distance and flight time between Minneapolis and some popular US cities are provided as follows:
|Origin City||Flight Distance||Flight Time|
|Atlanta||906 miles/1459 km||2 hours 08 minutes|
|New York||1,021 miles/1644 km||2 hours 33 minutes|
|Baltimore||936 miles/1506 km||02 hour 15 minutes|
|Dallas Fort Worth||852 miles/1371 km||1 hour 55 minutes|
|Boston||1,124 miles/1808 km||2 hours 44 minutes|
|Philadelphia||980 miles/1577 km||02 hours 23 minutes|
3. What is the best time to visit Minneapolis?
The best time to visit Minneapolis-St. Paul is summer from June to August. Daily highs stay around 80 degrees Fahrenheit, and residents and visitors venture outdoors and onto the lakes.
4. Which is the best airport to fly in Minneapolis?
Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport
4. What is the coldest month in Minneapolis?
The coldest month (with the lowest average low temperature) is January (7.5°F).
5. What is the wettest month in Minneapolis?
August is the month with the most rainfall. Rain falls for 9.7 days and accumulates 4.3″ (109.2mm) of precipitation.