The displayed fares were last found on: Wed | 05 May 05:31 PM(EST) . Fares are round trip.
The airfare to Salt Lake City displayed above are round-trip. The ticket cost is non-warranted as airlines update them based on availability that keeps on changing. The total value of the fare is inclusive of the base fare, fuel surcharge, airline or airport taxes. No hidden fee.
Salt Lake City: The City Overview
Salt Lake City is the capital of, and largest city in, the U.S. state of Utah. The city attracts tourists for its outdoor recreation. The destination is full of hiking trails and ski resorts. Hosting 2002 Winter Olympics, Salt Lake City became more popular. It is also well known as the headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS or Mormon church).
Popular neighborhoods in Salt Lake City include Downtown, Central City, Sugar House, The Avenues, University, Federal Heights, East Bench or Foothill, Capitol Hill, and Marmalade District.
Salt Lake City International Airport
Airport Code: SLC
Location: The airport is 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Downtown Salt Lake City
Hub For: Delta Air Lines
Other Popular Carriers: Frontier Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines
Quick Facts about Terminals: The airport has three terminals with five concourses as follows;
Terminal 1 has Concourse G (formerly Concourse A) and Concourse F (formerly Concourse B).
Terminal 2 has Concourse C.
International Terminal has Concourse D and Concourse E. Arriving international flights only use gates D2, D4, and D6 in Concourse D.
- Delta Air Lines (DL): You can book plane tickets to Salt Lake City with Delta Air Lines. The leading US carrier has nonstop operations from domestic and, international cities including Mexico City and Paris.
- Southwest Airlines (WN): If you wish to fly with a budget carrier than what would be a better choice than Southwest Airlines. WN is the world’s largest low-cost airline by fleet size and operation both. You can book nonstop flights from Burbank, Chicago–Midway, Dallas–Love, Denver, Houston–Hobby, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis
- American (AA): The flag carrier of America has nonstop flights to Salt Lake City from Charlotte, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Phoenix–Sky Harbor.
- Frontier Airlines (F9): Get airline tickets to Salt Lake City with nonstop flights from Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Las Vegas, and Phoenix–Sky Harbor.
- JetBlue (B6): Book airline tickets to Salt Lake City with a nonstop flight offered by JetBlue. Nonstop destinations to and from SLC include Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Long Beach (ends October 6, 2020), Los Angeles (begins October 7, 2020), New York–JFK, and Orlando.
1. Utah State Capitol
The grand state capitol building overlooking Downtown is an architectural excellence that attracts locals and visitors alike. The reflection of the image on the adjacent pond water is simply awesome. The pond has several memorials in its surroundings. Utah State Capitol stays open from Monday to Friday between 7AM and 8PM, and on Saturdays and Sundays between 8AM and 6PM. The entry is free.
2. Clark Planetarium
If the origin and evolution of the Earth, the sun, the moon, the entire solar system, and the whole universe triggers curiosity in you, Clark Planetarium has got you covered. It has exhibits related to the planet and the universe organized on three floors. It’s a perfect science lab for your kid to get answers to what shape the earth – wind, water, volcanoes, and earthquakes. This exhibit space features Clark Planetarium’s impressive meteorite collection including the second-largest meteorite – a 1700 lb Nantan. This gallery also features a Martian meteorite and one of the largest pieces of the KT (now K-pg) boundary on display anywhere. Adult tickets are $8 ($6 during matinee times), children’s tickets are $6
3. Utah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA)
Visiting the museum is taking a stroll into the time as long as 5000 years. The museum is housed inside Marcia and John Price Museum Bldg. It has over 18,000 works ranging from antiquity to more modern installations. The museum runs a variety of public programs, such as artist talks, tours, films, and family art-making activities. Ticket prices: $9 adults, $7 age 6-18 or 65+, age 5 and under free. Mind the timings: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10AM–5PM, Wednesday: 10AM–8PM; Saturday and Sunday: 11AM–5PM.
4. Outdoor Recreation
Camping, hiking, rock-climbing, mountain biking, boating, and fishing – you have so many things to experience in Salt Lake City that you will find time running out of your hand. Popular trails within the city include City Creek Canyon and the walking paths at Red Butte Garden, Great Salt Lake Marina, Seven Peaks Waterpark Salt Lake, Snowbird (resort, also popular for skiing and snowboarding)
5. Arts and Cinema
Downtown Salt Lake City has more than 20 art galleries and antiques shops. If you happen to be in the city on a third Friday of a month, do not miss the free Gallery. The neighborhood around 200 East and 300 South is the city’s “gallery row” of sorts. Ballet West Ballet Company. Performs regularly at the downtown Capitol Theater. Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company puts on contemporary dance performances at the Rose Wagner theater (also downtown). Utah Symphony/Utah Opera collaborative performs at both Abravanel Hall and Capitol Theater.
1. What airline has the cheapest air ticket to Salt Lake City?
Southwest, Frontier, JetBlue
2. How much time does it take to reach Salt Lake City?
Flight distance and flight time between Salt Lake City and some popular US cities are provided as follows:
|Origin City||Flight Distance||Flight Time|
|Atlanta||1,590 miles/2559 km||3 hour 35 minutes|
|New York||1,983 miles/3192 km||4 hours 28 minutes|
|Baltimore||1,865 miles/3001 km||04 hour 18 minutes|
|Dallas Fort Worth||989 miles/1591 km||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Boston||2,105 miles/3388 km||4 hour 50 minutes|
|Philadelphia||1,927 miles/3100 km||04 hours 23 minutes|
3. What is the best time to visit Salt Lake City?
Spring (March to April) and fall (November).
4. Which is the best airport to fly in Salt Lake City?
Salt Lake City International Airport
5. What is the coldest month in Salt Lake City?
January is the coldest month with temperature in the range of an average high of 37.4°F (3°C) and an average low of 21.6°F (-5.8°C).
6. What is the wettest month in Salt Lake City?
Wettest months (with the highest rainfall) are April and May (2″). The driest month (with the lowest rainfall) is July (0.6″).