* Last updated: Thursday 21st of February 2019 04:27:32 AM
Bangkok serves as the capital of Thailand. In the Thai language, the city is known as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon or popularly as Krung Thep. The city was founded in the 15th century by the Ayutthaya rulers.
Bangkok remained the second-most visited place in the world in 2017, only next to Hong Kong, attracting 26.6 million, according to Euromonitor data. Another survey by MasterCard in the same period, ranks Bangkok as the #1 visited city in the world by the number of international visits.
The city is part of the Chao Phraya River delta in central Thailand. It has an estimated area of 605.7 sq mi or 1,568.7 square kilometres. Its strategic location on the west bank of the river, transformed the city into a major economic hub. International trades with China and other western countries increased through land and the South China Sea.
Bangkok is one of Asia’s busiest air transportation centers. The city is served by two international airports as mentioned below.
Top Departures to Bangkok’s BKK Airport
- New York City (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Chicago (CHI) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Philadelphia (PHL) to Bangkok (BKK)
- San Antonio (SAT) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Seattle (SEA) to Bangkok (BKK)
- Miami (MIA) to Bangkok (BKK)
Top Departures to Bangkok’s BKK Airport
- Chiang Mai International Airport
- Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai International Airport
- Hat Yai International Airport
- Phuket International Airport
- Samui International Airport
- Krabi International Airport
- Udon Thani International Airport
- Surat Thani International Airport
- U-Tapao International Airport
Most of the airlines from the airports in the United States depart to Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) of Bangkok. Only a few international airlines connect to the Don Mueang International Airport. Currently, no nonstop flights to Bangkok are available from the US. Passengers need to interchange at stopover airports in Korea, Japan, or Europe. Take a look at the flight distance and flight time from a few popular cities in the US.
|Flight||Flight Distance||Flight Time|
|San Francisco to Bangkok Flight||7,929 miles/12761 km||16 hours 22 minutes|
|Los Angeles, CA to Bangkok Flight||8,276 miles/13319 km||17 hours 03 minutes|
|Chicago, IL to Bangkok Flight||8, 568 miles/13789 km||17 hours 38 minutes|
|New York City to Bangkok Flight||8,667 miles/13947 km||17 hours 50 minutes|
|Dallas to Bangkok Flight||9,034 miles/14538 km||18 hours 34 minutes|
|Philadelphia, PA to Bangkok||8,726 miles/14042 km||17 hours 57 minutes|
We have displayed the cheapest flights to Bangkok in the table. However, the fares are dynamic. The displayed fares for the round-trip flights to Bangkok, Thailand are based on historical data, non-warranted and subject to change at the time of booking. The costs of airline tickets to Bangkok are inclusive of fuel surcharges, our service fee and taxes levied by airlines/airports/regulators.
Most travelers choose to book their flights to Bangkok towards the end of the year – November to March. These are the times when outdoor temperatures tend to be the least humid and coolest (below 20 °C/ 68 °F). Colder temperatures in the high tourist season make walking tours of Bangkok all the more enjoyable – the best way to check out the many street markets, food stalls and alley shops in town. Try booking your air tickets to Bangkok well in advance of your travel date to enjoy the cheapest airfares and early bird discounts.
- We’re an ARC- and BBB-accredited travel agency
- Our Excellent rating on Trustpilot asserts our reliability
- We safeguard your privacy and data as per the law of the land
- We offer 24×7 dedicated assistance over the phone
Search Bangkok flights, compare Bangkok flight ticket costs with different airlines and book your one way or round trip flight ticket with ease. For assistance, feel free to contact us at 1-844-869-5222.
Note: Departure, arrival, flight distance and flight time information is for reference purposes and may vary.