The quoted price corresponding to the best deals on Bangor flights is for round-trip fares, and is inclusive of surcharges, our service fee, and airline taxes. However, the booking cost of Bangor flight tickets is subject to the availability of flights and demands. You agree and understand not to hold Cheapfaremart liable for any fluctuation in airfares from what expressed on the website.
Bangor: An Overview
Bangor is a town in Maine, popular as the hometown of the renowned author Stephen King. Although there are traces of Stephen King in his West Broadway Home, which will now be converted into a museum, the town has more to offer. If you are looking for a destination with good food, local beer, and a blossoming arts and music culture, this is your sign to book your plane tickets to Bangor.
And, because it is strategically located, you can learn a lot about the local culture while also taking day trips to the coast or mountains. According to the locals, Bangor is perfect for travelers looking for the taste, smell, and overall feel of Maine.
Flight Booking Through Cheapfaremart
Are you looking to book cheap flights to Bangor, Maine? Then, Cheapfaremart is your platform. Cheapfaremart is a flight booking platform where you can avail the best deals on flights to Bangor, Maine, from anywhere in the world. Ours is an accredited business with customer satisfaction as our motto. Moreover, we also have a 4.6 score on Trustpilot. Get information on all the fresh deals from top carriers on Cheapfaremart. What’s more? We also offer flight deals on events such as Halloween
, Veterans Day
, and Thanksgiving
, so you can use the holiday offers early on.
Tips for Finding the Cheapest Flights to Bangor
- Use Airline Miles and Rewards: If you have frequent flier miles or credit card rewards, consider using them to offset the cost of your flight. Airlines often have mileage deals or promotions.
- Fly Midweek: Flying on Tuesdays or Wednesdays is generally cheaper than flying on weekends when demand is higher.
- Avoid Peak Travel Seasons: Avoid traveling during peak seasons like summer and holidays when airfares are higher.
- Red-Eye Flights: Red-eye flights, which depart late at night and arrive early in the morning, are often cheaper than daytime flights.
- Hidden-City Ticketing: This strategy involves booking a flight with a layover in Bangor but not taking the final leg of the journey. Be cautious with this approach, as it may violate airline policies.
- Check for Deals and Promotions: Check airlines’ official websites and social media accounts for special promotions and discounts. Also, consider signing up for newsletters to receive exclusive offers.
- Student and Military Discounts: If you are a student or part of the military, inquire about special discounts available.
- Consider Budget Airlines: Check if budget airlines are flying to Bangor. Sometimes, they offer lower fares compared to major carriers.
- Flexibility with Dates: Be flexible with your travel dates. Use fare comparison websites or apps to find the cheapest days to fly to and from Bangor. Sometimes, flying on weekdays or during off-peak seasons can result in significant savings.
- Book in Advance: Plan your trip well in advance and book your flights early. Airlines often offer lower fares for passengers who book several months ahead.
- Set Fare Alerts: Sign up for fare alerts with airlines and travel websites. They will notify you when prices drop for your desired route to Bangor.
- Consider Nearby Airports: Look for flights to nearby airports such as Portland International Jetport (PWM) or Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT). Check if flying there is cheaper and then take local transport to reach Bangor.
Best Time to Visit Bangor
March to April is the off-peak travel season. This is also when Maine’s rivers and streams begin to clear from ice from the long winter. Spring begins in late April, and you might experience the sweet scents of misty mid-April showers.
October sets the onset of the fall foliage season. Bangor’s parks and trails look beautiful around this time of the year. If you are planning to visit around October, make sure to pack jackets.
Bangor: Fly with Major Airlines!
Bangor is a beautiful picturesque city straight from fiction. If you plan to travel, checkout Cheapfaremart to book cheap flights to Bangor. Our platform offers group booking, so if you are traveling in a group, you can get good deals on airfare. We partner with carriers like Delta, United and American Airlines to provide the best deals possible.
Top 5 Places to Explore in Bangor
1. Maine Discovery Museum
Maine Discovery Museum has three floors of interactive, hands-on exhibits. This museum is ideal for families. Bring your kids to watch the local arts and crafts, where they can take home a custom souvenir.
This cemetery has been on the National Register of Historical Places since 1973. The cemetery appeared in the 1989 Stephen King’s motion picture, “Pet Sanctuary.” The scenic area will give you plenty of opportunities to take that perfect Instagram aesthetic photo.
This is a 700-acre area full of beautiful woodlands, plants, and wildlife. You can visit year-round to explore more than 9 miles of trails here for walking, running, hiking, and biking. If planning to visit during the winter season, you can go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
4. Penobscot River Walkway
A short, half-mile wheelchair-accessible walking trail, Penobscot runs through Bangor’s Waterfront Park. You can enjoy a morning or an afternoon stroll here with fantastic, sweeping views of the Penobscot River. You should visit this walkway during spring, summer, and fall for a diversified experience. The fall colors also set a beautiful backdrop against the river.
5. Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation
The Stephen and Tabitha King Foundation is a private non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing and empowering communities in Maine. They prioritize initiatives that improve health and human services, promote literacy, support the arts, and implement projects that have a broad impact on community members.
Bangor Travel FAQs
1. Where to stay in Bangor?
Although there are several chain hotels in Bangor, if you are looking for downtown proximity, then Airbnb is your best option.
2. What are some places outside Bangor for me to visit?
You can visit the City Forest, located on the outskirts of the town, or the Bangor Waterfront.
3. Where to drink in Bangor?
Paddy Murphy’s is best for some live music, and you can also mingle with locals here. Visit the Nocturnem Draft House for some jazz music and old-school vinyl night.
4. Where to eat in Bangor?
If you want to eat like the locals, visit Geaghan's, an Irish restaurant known for its craft beer. Frank’s Bake Shop is also an excellent shop to satisfy sugar cravings. The bake shop is a classic amongst locals.
Visit the Queen City Cinema Club for board games and arcade night, the Briar Patch Bookstore, or The Rock and Art Shop, where there is something for everyone.