The quoted price corresponding to the best deals on Baton Rouge flights is for round-trip fares, and is inclusive of surcharges, our service fee, and airline taxes. However, the booking cost of Baton Rouge flight tickets is subject to the availability of flights and demands. You agree and understand not to hold Cheapfaremart liable for any fluctuation in airfares from what expressed on the website.
Baton Rouge: An Overview
The capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, is located right on the banks of the Mississippi River. The Louisiana State Capitol Building and Gardens and the 34-story art deco skyscraper dominate the Baton Rouge skyline. If you are looking for a perfect family vacation with kids, then book plane tickets to Baton Rouge today.
Take your kids to the Baton Rouge Zoo, 15 minutes north of downtown. You can also visit the State University’s Tiger Stadium, home to the Louisiana State University Football team. And, if you are looking for something spooky, pay a visit to the Myrtles Plantation, known to be one of the most haunted homes in America. You can also book flights to Baton Rouge for some history lessons at the Sugar Trail or the Plaquemine Lock site.
Flight Booking Through Cheapfaremart
The beautiful capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, is just hours away with Cheapfaremart, a flight booking platform for all your flight booking needs. Our platform has an easy-to-use user interface to simplify the online booking of airline tickets to Baton Rouge. Our main aim is customer satisfaction, and for the same purpose, we offer discounts and deals for our travelers. You can also visit our platform to get information on early deals during the holiday season to book yours in advance.
Tips for Finding the Cheapest Flights to Baton Rouge
- Fare Alerts: If you have a specific travel date in mind, consider setting up fare alerts. Most travel websites allow you to receive notifications when prices for your chosen route drop. This way, you can pounce on a good deal as soon as it becomes available.
- Consider Nearby Airports: Baton Rouge has nearby airports like New Orleans (MSY) and Lafayette (LFT). Checking flights to these airports and then taking ground transportation to Baton Rouge may sometimes be cheaper than flying directly to Baton Rouge.
- Be Flexible with Dates: One of the best ways to find a cheap flight to Baton Rouge is to be flexible with your travel dates. Use a fare calendar or search engine filters to see if flying on different days can save you money. Sometimes, adjusting your travel dates by a day or two can lead to significant savings.
- Book in Advance: Planning your trip well in advance can often result in lower fares. Airlines tend to offer their cheapest seats when flights are first released, so try to book your flight at least a few weeks ahead of your desired travel date.
- Use Airline Miles or Points: If you're a frequent flyer or have accrued airline miles or credit card points, check if you can use them to get a discount on your flight. Sometimes, this can lead to substantial savings.
- Travel During Off-Peak Times: Flying during off-peak seasons or less popular times can often result in lower fares. Keep an eye out for special promotions, discounts, or deals offered by airlines. These include seasonal sales, student discounts, military discounts, or special group rates.
- Consider Layovers: Non-stop flights are usually more convenient but can be pricier. If you’re willing to change flights, you might find more affordable options. Just be sure to check the layover duration and airport to ensure it’s manageable.
Best Time to Visit Baton Rouge
The best time to visit Baton Rouge is from Late February to May because the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. Moreover, there is low precipitation and sparser crowds. It is off-season, and you can bag good deals on accommodation and flights. The days are also relatively on the warmer side, allowing you to enjoy outdoor activities and festivals.
Baton Rouge: Fly with Major Airlines!
Plan the perfect vacation to Baton Rouge with family, friends, or your significant other. Major airlines like American, United and Delta frequently fly to and from Baton Rouge. To find the cheapest flights, all you need to do is visit Cheapfaremart and enter your travel dates. You will then be met with a list of cheap flights to Baton Rouge. With our discounts and flight deals, enjoy your trip without burning a hole in your pocket.
Top 5 Places to Explore in Baton Rouge
A Gothic-Revival Castle built in 1847, Old State Capitol will transport you back in time with its architecture. What earlier was burnt down by the Union Army in 1882 was repaired in 1932. It is now a museum offering a good number of exhibits and also hosts various events.
2. USS Kidd Veterans Memorial
Take a short walk from the Old State Capitol to visit this memorial named after Rear Admiral Isaac Campbell Kidd, Sr. Enjoy the stories on its long and interesting history before it was decommissioned in 1964 on the shop. The Memorial complex also consists of an observational tower, a museum, a Historic Warshop and Nautical Center, and a model ship collection.
3. Magnolia Mound Plantation
Built in the late 18th century, the Magnolia Mound perfectly represents the architectural designs of early settlers from France and the West Indies. The home has been owned by different people throughout the years and is surrounded by old oak trees. It is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is open to the public for tours.
4. Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center
Sprawled across 103 acres on the city’s southwest side, this center provides research and educational resources. Spot some wildlife on the trail; you can get close to the animals in the 9,500-square-foot exhibit building.
5. Shaw Center for the Arts
This multi-faceted art center, built in 2005 overlooks the Mississippi River. Since its establishment, the center has hosted thousands of cultural events. Within the center, the Manship Theatre serves as a platform for international talent with music, dance, and performance acts.
Baton Rouge Travel FAQs
1. What airlines travel to Baton Rouge?
Airlines such as American, Delta, United, and US Airways operate daily flights to Baton Rouge.
2. How do I get around in Baton Rouge?
Make use of the Capitol Park Trolley Service, a free shuttle that offers weekday transportation from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., covering the city’s top attractions.
3. Do museums charge an entry fee in Baton Rouge?
Yes, however, several of the city’s museums offer free admission on the first Sunday of every month.
4. What is a must-do in Baton Rouge?
Sampling some crawfish is a must, especially if you visit during November-July.
5. What clothes should I pack for my trip to Baton Rouge?
You should pack according to the weather. However, if you plan to attend a football game at the Tiger Stadium, wear purple and gold.