The Beirut, Lebanon airfares cited on this Cheapfaremart webpage are for round-trip flights, and are non-warranted and subject to change. The charges you pay for the plane tickets to return-flights to Beirut, Lebanon are inclusive of base fares fuel surcharges, our service fee and taxes mandated by airlines, airports, and government authorities.
Covid-19: US Dept of State Guidelines on Travel to Lebanon
1. Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter Lebanon?
Yes. Effective July 31, all travelers to Lebanon must show a negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel to be allowed to enter the country.
2. Are international flights to and from Lebanon suspended?
No. A Negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) as mentioned above is required to board your flight to Lebanon. Arrival passengers have to undergo mandatory health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry and exit.
3. Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine?
Per the latest instructions issued by the Lebanese Directorate of Civil Aviation effective July 31, travelers from countries where PCR tests are considered accurate will have to take a PCR test upon arrival and home quarantine for up to 48 hours until they receive their test result. Travelers coming from countries where PCR tests are not considered accurate will be required to take a PCR test upon arrival and then quarantine in designated hotels to await the result. Following this, they will have to take another PCR test 72 hours after arrival and use a tracking application for new arrivals to Lebanon.
4. Is public transportation operating in Lebanon?
Yes. Masks are required at all times outdoors and in public spaces.
5. Is travel to Lebanon restricted?
However, the US Dept. of State with its Level 3 Advisory: Reconsider Travel due to COVID-19, crime, terrorism, armed conflict, civil unrest and Embassy Beirut’s limited capacity to provide support to U.S. citizens. Some areas have increased risk.
Do Not Travel to:
- the border with Syria due to terrorism and armed conflict
- the border with Israel due to the potential for armed conflict
- refugee settlements due to the potential for armed conflict
6. What is Smart Traveler Enrollment Program?
Travelers are advised to fill out Smart Traveler Enrollment Program STEP. This is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It entitles them to get the following types of assistance.
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Cheapfaremart in association with the world’s leading IATA-certified airlines makes it easy for you to discover the best flight deals on Beirut, Lebanon air tickets. We work with the world’s top-notch airlines, including Virgin Australia Intl, Air Canada, Cathay Pacific, Qantas Airways, Virgin America and American Airlines. We make sure you always get the plane tickets to Beirut, Lebanon or from it to any city of the world.
Beirut has got a hot-summer Mediterranean climate featuring mild days and nights. Autumn and spring remain warm and, hence, are mostly preferred by the traveler. The winter is mild and rainy, and summer can be virtually rainless. However, it’s better to avoid extremely hot and cold seasons that fall in August, and January and February respectively. In the summer time, the average high temperature reaches close to 32 °C (90 °F), and January and February are the coldest months, with a monthly average low temperature of 11 °C (52 °F).
You can book your air ticket to Beirut with Rafic Hariri International Airport, located in the southern suburbs. The Port of Beirut, one of the largest and most commercial in the eastern Mediterranean, is another port of entry. As your family or honeymoon destination, Lebanon can be reached by ferry from Cyprus via the nearby city of Jounieh or by road from Damascus via the Beqaa valley in the east.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What cities in the USA have nonstop flights to Beirut?
Direct or nonstop flight operations are unavailable from any of the US cities/airports.
2. How long does it take to fly to Beirut?
The approximate distance and flight time between Beirut and some popular US cities are as follows:
|Departure City||Flight Distance||Flight Time||Time Difference|
|New York (JFK)||5,618 miles/9042 km||11 hours 44 minute||Beirut is 07 hours ahead|
|Los Angeles (LAX)||7,472 miles (12026 km)||15 hours 27 minutes||Beirut is 10 hours ahead|
|Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)||6,905 miles (11113 km)||14 hours 19 minutes||Beirut is 08 hours ahead|
|Denver (DEN)||6,761 miles (10881 km)||14 hours 01 minute||Beirut is 09 hours ahead|
|San Francisco (SFO)||7,315 miles (11772 km)||15 hours 08 minutes||Beirut is 10 hours ahead|
3. Which airline has the cheapest ticket to Beirut?
Turkish Airlines. Turkish is the flag carrier of Turkey. One of its hubs, Istanbul Airport (IST), serves as the connection airport for most of the connecting flights to Beirut from most of the US cities.
4. What is the minimum validity for travelers with US passport?
Valid for ninety days following entry, with no Israeli stamps or visas.
5. Is tourist visa required for US citizens visiting Beirut?
6. What is the currency restriction for US citizens to visit Beirut?
7. What is the contact information of U.S. Embassy in Beirut?
U.S. Embassy Beirut
Awkar (facing the Awkar Municipality Building), Main Street
Telephone: +(961) 4-542600 or +(961) 4-543600
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(961) 4-543600
Fax: +(961) 4-544209