Above we have displayed the price of air tickets to Bucaramanga from some famous cities in the US based on record (Date and Time mentioned with the fare table). The fares are inclusive of base fare, fuel surcharges, airline/airport taxes, and our service fee. The fares are non-warranted and subject to change. Use our flight booking engine to know about the current one-way or round trip flights to Bucaramanga.
Bucaramanga, Colombia, Travel Guide
Nicknamed “La Ciudad de Los Parques” (“The City of Parks”) and “La Ciudad Bonita de Colombia” (“Colombia’s Beautiful City”), Bucaramanga is one of the highly recommended weekend getaways and vacation destinations. Top places to visit are Chicamocha National Park, Giron Gold Mines, Socorro, Barichara, Guane, and San Gil. Administratively, this is the capital and largest city of the department of Santander.Transportation is facilitated by local and intercity bus services including Metrolinea and Terminal de Transportes de Bucaramanga. The primary airport is Palonegro International Airport (IATA: BGA). Look for the Bucaramanga flight deals connecting your city with the BGA.
Copa Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Avianca Airlines, and Aeromexico Airlines operate majority of the flights to Bucaramanga from various cities or airports in the USA. Direct flights to Bucaramanga are available only from Fort Lauderdale in Florida.
Airport in Bucaramanga
Palonegro International Airport Location:
Drive 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) to the west of Bucaramanga to reach the airport.
Carriers with Most Passenger Share:
Avianca, Avianca Express, Copa Airlines Colombia, EasyFly, Latam Colombia, Satena, Spirit Airlines, Viva Air Colombia
Bogotá, Cartagena, Cúcuta, Medellín–Olaya Herrera, Santa Marta, Panama City–Tocumen, Arauca, Barranquilla, Cali, Cartagena, Cúcuta, Medellín–JMC, Medellín–Olaya Herrera, Pereira, Yopal, Cartagena, Saravena, Bogotá, Santa Marta
1. International airports
- 230 km: Cucuta, Colombia (CUC / SKCC) Camilo Daza International Airport
- 109 km: Barrancabermeja, Colombia (EJA / SKEJ) Yariguíes Airport
- 230 km: San Antonio, Venezuela (SVZ) San Antonio Del Tachira
- 230 km: Cucuta, Colombia (CUC / SKCC) Camilo Daza International Airport
- 303 km: La Fria, Venezuela (LFR / SVLF) La Fría Airport
- 315 km: Saravena, Colombia (RVE / SKSA) Los Colonizadores Airport
- 319 km: Santo Domingo, Venezuela (STD / SVSO) Mayor Buenaventura Vivas Airport
Airlines Choices from USA
- Spirit (NK): The top-rated low-cost airline has nonstop flights to Bucaramanga from Florida’s FLL, which is the hub airport. Other hub airports are Atlantic City, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit–Metro, Las Vegas, and Orlando. The carrier outclasses most of the US and North American airlines in terms of OTP (On-Time-Performance).
- Copa Airlines (CM): Copa Airlines is the flag carrier airline of Panama with its hub at Tocumen International Airport (PTY) in Panama. The centric location of the hub between the USA and Colombia, enables Copa Airlines to offer cheap airfare to Bucaramanga.
- Aeromexico Airlines (AM): The flagship carrier of Mexico has connecting flights to Bucaramanga. The carrier has Mexico International Airport (MEX) as its hub. It’s a member of major airline’s alliance – SkyTeam.
- Avianca (AV): Book your airline ticket to Bucaramanga with the flag carrier airline of Colombia. The airline is a member of Star Alliance. Flights from the USA have their connection at one of its hubs, El Dorado International Airport (BOG) in Bogota.
Take note of the hub airports of carrier, which serve as the transfer or stopover airport for a connecting flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Bucaramanga Located Geographically?
Bucaramanga’s geographical coordinates are 7° 7′ 47″ North, 73° 7′ 33″ West. Its location near the equator blesses it with a consistent temperature. The prominent rivers of the city are Chicamocha and Suarez. Its distance from Bogota is 274 miles/441 km. The driving time from Bogota to Bucaramanga is 8 hours 38 minutes while the flight time is 52 minutes.
2. How far is Bucaramanga from USA by plane?
The approximate distance and flight time between Sucre and a few popular US cities are as follows:
| Flight || Flight Distance || Flight Time |
| San Francisco (SFO) to Bucaramanga Flight (BGA) || 3,723 miles/5991 km || 7 hours 57 minutes |
| Los Angeles, CA to Bucaramanga (BGA) Flight || 3,416 miles/5497 km || 7 hours 20 minutes |
| Chicago, IL to Bucaramanga (BGA) Flight || 2,551 miles/4106 km || 5 hours 36 minutes |
| New York City to Bucaramanga (BGA) Flight || 2,312 miles/3721 km || 5 hours 7 minutes |
| Dallas to Bucaramanga (BGA) Flight || 2,327 miles/3745 km || 5 hours 9 minutes |
| Philadelphia, PA to Bucaramanga (BGA) Flight || 2,263 miles/3642 km || 5 hours 2 minutes | 3. What is the best time to visit Bucaramanga?
January to April is the best time to visit Bucaramanga. Dry season and moderate temperature contribute to the pleasant weather and your travel experience as well. So no matter how long is your Bucaramanga things to do list, you will not feel exhausted while hopping from one place to another. June, July and August are the hottest months. Temperature swings around the highs of the 80s. As the temperature is coupled with increased precipitation, expect fares to go low. You may book low cost flights to Bucaramanga during this time.
The Andean Range and the tropical monsoon climate, remember the proximity of Columbia to the equator, contributes to it. Discover a wide range of flora and fauna in and around the place. Some endangered species have been preserved with the Chicamocha National Park
4. How to find cheap flights to Bucaramanga?
If you are flexible with your travel dates, pick the Flexible Date Fare, which appears at the top of the flight search. Take note of the travel dates and layover airport and times while going for a connecting flight. If the flight duration is of five to six hours, and you are okay with a late night flight, there is a higher probability of getting cheap airline tickets to Bucaramanga with a red-eye flight.
5. Top Things to Do in Bucaramanga
Situated in the administrative centre of the city, the park owes its name to one of the heroes of independence. The city is home to top attractions like the Governorate of Santander, the Mayor of Bucaramanga, the Parish of San Laureano, the Chapel of Los Dolores, the Palace of Justice and the Civic Plaza Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento.
If you are after some entertainment and fun, the Centennial Park is the go-to place for you. The park is a hub of cultural and commercial activity. The place features the Cultural Center of the Colombian East and Santander Theater. The credit of bringing this park into existence goes to businessman Reyes González.
This temple is the historical wealth of the city which has served as the headquarters of the Parish of Our Lady of Chiquinquirá and San Laureano of the Real de Minas de Bucaramanga. Its historical significance got an official recognition during the governance of General Gustavo Rojas Pinilla. The architectural design elements of the temple are inspired by Catholic churches.
4. The Bolivar House Museum
The Bolivar House Museum holds a historical significance.This is the place where the Liberator Simón Bolívar stayed for about two months in 1828 during his visit to the Villa de Bucaramanga to attend the Convention of Ocaña. The Bolivar House Museum was declared a National Monument on November 26, 1999.
We hope that this Bucaramanga, Columbia travel guide was helpful. For help regarding finding the best travel route, and booking air tickets to Bucaramanga, feel free to contact us at 1-844-869-5222. We are here to make your travel easier and affordable.
Departure, arrival, flight distance and flight time information is for reference purposes and may vary.