Dayton: An Overview
Known as the final resting place of the Wright Brothers, Dayton is home to all the historical attractions in the backdrop of a modern city. This Midwestern city is also culturally rich with its Carillon Historical Park, the National Museum of the US Air Force, and the Dayton Art Gallery. Book flights to Dayton, Ohio, to tour this historical district, full of boutiques, eateries, and galleries.
Ensure to visit Downtown Dayton, located just near the Miami River. If you are looking for a bustling nightlife, then watch a show at the Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center or pub crawl through the iconic bars and restaurants of the city. Dayton is located just 70 miles from Columbus. You can also take a day trip to nearby Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Book your airline tickets to Dayton today to experience Ohio’s finest destination.
Flight Booking Through Cheapfaremart
Are you looking for a getaway, but expensive flight rates are holding you back? Head to Cheapfaremart for cheap flights to Dayton. With our exclusive discounts and deals, you can find affordable flights to nearly any destination from anywhere in the world. What’s more? We also offer group bookings for people who travel together, helping you save dollars and ensuring traveling doesn’t make a hole in your pocket.
Tips for Finding the Cheapest Flights to Dayton
- Make Friends with Flexibility: To snag the best deals, be flexible with your travel dates. Try to avoid peak travel times and consider flying on weekdays, as flights are often cheaper then.
- Use Nearby Airports: Dayton has a few nearby airports, including Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and Columbus International Airport. Check if flying into one of these airports and taking a short road trip to Dayton can save you money, especially if you're traveling with a group.
- Set Fare Alerts: Sign up for fare alerts with various airlines or travel websites. They'll notify you when prices drop for flights to Dayton. Sometimes, waiting for a deal to come to you can be more effective than actively searching.
- Book Well in Advance: While last-minute deals can sometimes be found, booking your flights in advance often leads to cheaper fares. Airlines tend to raise prices as the departure date approaches.
- Consider Alternate Routes: Sometimes, taking a connecting flight can be significantly cheaper than a direct one. Explore different routes and layover options to see if they can save you money.
- Use Airline Miles and Points: If you're a frequent traveler, check if you have accumulated airline miles or credit card points. If yes, you can use them to get discounted or even free flights to Dayton, Ohio.
- Travel Light: Many airlines charge extra for checked baggage. If you can, travel with just a carry-on to avoid these fees.
- Student and Military Discounts: If you're a student or in the military, inquire about discounts that may be available for your flights. Some airlines offer special rates for these categories.
- Travel Packages: Sometimes, booking a flight and hotel together as a package can result in savings. Check travel websites for package deals that include accommodations in Dayton.
- Social Media and Newsletters: Follow airlines on social media or subscribe to Cheapfaremart’s newsletters. You might come across exclusive discounts and promotions that you might not find elsewhere.
Best Time to Visit Dayton
Dayton experiences four seasons, and the best time to visit may vary with the kind of experience you seek. Regardless, the best time to book plane tickets to Dayton is July end. This is because several events take place during this time, and you will notice a huge turnout in local audiences. Visit the Vectren Dayton Air Show, a showcase of some of the world’s best planes during this time.
Dayton: Fly with Major Airlines!
So, you are considering traveling to Dayton but have a hard time finding affordable flights. Worry no more. Cheapfaremart is the best platform to book cheap flights to Dayton. Major airlines serving Dayton include American Airlines, Allegiant Air, United, and Delta. Our platform collaborates with top airlines from all over the world to offer you the best deals. And, if you are worried about canceling the ticket, then we also offer free cancellations 24 hours from booking.
Top 5 Places to Explore in Dayton
1. National Museum of the United States Air Force
Learn about the history of aviation at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. The museum includes the Presidential Gallery, where you can walk through the planes that carried presidents, including Franklin Roosevelt, Truman, and Nixon.
This Art institute has a beautiful Italianate exterior and is ranked among North America’s top art museums. The permanent collection houses 5,000 years of art history, including a huge variety of art displays ranging from ancient Mayan vessels to Monet’s Water Lilies.
3. Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
This museum is a must-visit, especially if you are bringing kids along on your trip. Indulge in hands-on science experiments at the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. The museum also features temporary and permanent exhibits throughout the year that cater to every age group.
This beautiful MetroPark in Dayton is a community gathering place where you can indulge in biking and kayaking. It also hosts some of the famous festivals of the city. Bring a blanket for an old-school picnic lunch on the grass and watch the sunset over the water. And, if you are traveling during the winter, you can also ice-skate at the outdoor rink.
5. SunWatch Indian Village Archaeological Park
This Archaeological Park offers a glimpse into Dayton beyond 800 years ago. The structures of the village have been rebuilt on their original sites. Visit the park during the regular events or the educational programs for the ultimate experience.
1. Is Dayton Airport busy?
Yes, Dayton International Airport is considered the third busiest and largest airport in Ohio.
2. How do I travel from Dayton International Airport to Downtown Dayton?
You can hail a taxi or ride-sharing app to make your way to Downtown from the airport. The Dayton RTA also has good connectivity to public transport throughout the city.
3. What are some family friendly attractions in Dayton?
If you are traveling with children, then visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park.
4. What food should I try in Dayton?
Dayton is known for its Ohio-style pizza, sauerkraut balls, and goetta (a German-American breakfast sausage).
5. Is Dayton safe for tourists?
Although Dayton is considered safe, it is advised that you practice caution. Follow the local safety guidelines and lock your valuables in the hotel safe.