Above you can see a list of top deals on flights to Montevideo (Uruguay) operated by noted LCC and full-service airlines. The price of cheap airline tickets to Montevideo is based is based on a trend, non-warranted and subject to change. The cost of air tickets to Montevideo is inclusive of base fare, fuel surcharges, airport/airline taxes, and our service fee.
Montevideo (Uruguay) Travel Guide
Montevideo is the capital as well as the port city of Uruguay, located on the east bank of the Rio de la Plata. Its position down the South Hemisphere contributes to its contrasting weather, and tourists from the US, Canada, and Mexico embark on a vacation to Uruguay to escape the extreme climates prevailing there.
Carrasco International Airport in Montevideo handles the international flights. American Airlines, Latam Airlines, Copa Airlines, Amaszonas Uruguay, and Aerolineas Argentinas operate most of the flights.
Airport in Montevideo, Uruguay
Carrasco International Airport Location:
The airport is located 12 miles (19 km) from downtown Montevideo in Ciudad de la Costa, Canelones.
Popular Airlines by Passenger Share:
Amaszonas Uruguay, Copa Airlines, Avianca
Popular Carrier Choices from USA to Montevideo
- Avianca (AV): Avianca (AV) has flights to Montevideo with a stopover or layover at El Dorado International Airport (BOG) in Bogota, which is its hub airport. Avianca is the member of Star Alliance and flag carrier of Colombia.
- Jetblue Airways: Stylized as JetBlue, the airline is one of the top 10 US carriers to offer flights to Montevideo. It partners with Latam Airlines. The connection takes places in Lima (LIM) and Santiago (SCL).
- Latam Airlines (LA): The flag carrier of Chile has scheduled flights to Montevideo. It operates independently as well as with United and JetBlue (discussed above). The connection airports include: Lima (LIM) and Santiago (SCL).
- United Airlines (UA): United Airlines operates under Copa Airlines, and also in partnership with Latam, Aerolineas, or Avianca airlines. If you are booking with a Copa-operated UA flights, Panama City (PTY) is most likely to be your connection airport. Flights with Latam Airlines have connections at Bogota (BOG) and Santiago (SCL).
- Copa Airlines (CM): When Copa Airlines operate flights to Montevideo, Tocumen International Airport (PTY) in Panama serves as the connection airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best time to Visit Montevideo?
Montevideo is in the temperate zone in the Southern Hemisphere and according to Köppen climate classification, the destination has a humid subtropical climate (Cfa). Summers, October through February, are hot with upper temperature floating between the highs of 70s °F and lows of 80s°F.
Winter descends in Montevideo Uruguay by June and lasts till August, and the lower temperatures sway between mid-40s and low-50s. Now, you might have got the clues of how to beat the extreme summer and winter conditions of Washington, Los Angeles, Seattle and other places? Find low cost flights to Montevideo.
2. What are the top attractions in Montevideo?
Plaza Independencia (Spanish for Independence Square) is the name of Montevideo’s most important plaza. It is sandwiched between Ciudad Vieja and downtown Montevideo, and is flanked the Gateway of The Citadel on one side and the beginning of 18 de Julio avenue on the other. Carlo Zucchi designed this square around the 1830s deriving inspiration from the Rue de Rivoli, Paris. Three decades later it was redesigned by Bernardo Poncini.
Being in Montevideo, you can’t afford to miss on Pocitos. It’s an upscale beach barrio (neighbourhood or district) in Uruguay’s capital city, Montevideo. Located along the banks of the Rio de la Plata, the beach borders Buceo to the east, Parque Batlle to the north, Tres Cruces, Cordón and Parque Rodó to the west and Punta Carretas to the south.
Bustling 19th-century markets exhibiting handcrafted souvenirs and traditional meat-centric restaurants is a great place to visit if you are after exploring the culture of Montevideo. The atmosphere is warm, so make sure you are dressed accordingly.
Located in Ciudad Vieja, Plaza Constitución (Constitution Square), also known as Plaza Matriz, is the oldest plaza in Montevideo. It was named in honor of the Spanish Constitution of 1812. The square faces the Montevideo Metropolitan Cathedral and the Montevideo Cabildo.
3. How much time does it take to reach Montevideo from USA?
| Departure City || Flight Distance || Flight Time |
| Los Angeles || 6,212 miles/9998 km || 12 hours 55 minutes |
| New York || 5,322 miles/8565 km || 11 hours 09 minutes |
| Philadelphia || 5,288 miles/8510 km || 11 hours 05 minutes |
| Miami || 4,457 miles/7173 km || 9 hours 25 minutes |
| Atlanta || 5,061 miles/8145 km || 10 hours 37 minutes |
4. How safe is to travel to Montevideo in Uruguay?
Travel Advisory Level 3 is imposed on travel to Uruguay by The U.S. DEPARTMENT of STATE — BUREAU of CONSULAR AFFAIRS. Reconsider travel to Uruguay due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution in Uruguay due to crime. Violent crimes, such as homicides, armed robberies, carjackings, and thefts have increased throughout the country and occur in urban areas frequented by U.S. government personnel, day and night. Criminals commonly travel in pairs on motorcycles to approach unsuspecting victims with a weapon and demand personal belongings.