Cheapfaremart brings you one of the most reasonable prices on flights to Hamburg. The fares displayed on the website comprises of base fare, surcharges, taxes levied by the airports and airlines and service charges. These charges are subject to change in case of heavy bookings.
Hamburgh, officially the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, is the 2nd largest city in Germany after Berlin. Prior to the formation of the modern German state, Hamburg for centuries enjoyed a status as de facto independent city state and regional power and trade hub in the North Sea.
The city is located on the bank of Elbe River around 62 miles (100 km) from the North Sea. Its strategic location made it a key commercial international port in Europe, which contributed to the growth of the city and Germany. The city was built upon a number of islands formed by the wide river and its larger and smaller tributaries, and a huge part of its southern half is occupied by the massive port.
Airport Code: HAM
Location: It is located 8.5 km (5.3 mi) north of the city centre in the Fuhlsbüttel quarter
Hub For: Eurowings
Focus City For: Condor, Ryanair, TUI fly Deutschland
Interesting Facts: Hamburg Airport is the fifth-busiest of Germany’s commercial airports. The airport handled 17,231,687 passengers and 156,388 aircraft movements in 2018.
A list of popular carriers with their hub airport is provided to hep you make the best choice. The hub usually serves as the connection (stopover/layover) airport.
- Finnair (AY): Finnair is the flag carrier and largest airline of Finland. Hub: Helsinki Airport (HEL).
- TAP Portugal: Officially TAP Air Portugal, the airline is the flag carrier airline of Portugal. Hub: Porto Airport itself.
- Turkish Airlines (TK): It’s a flag carrier airline of Turkey with is hub at Istanbul Airport.
- Aer Lingus (EI): Aer Lingus is the flag carrier airline of Ireland with its hub at Dublin Airport (DUB).
- Iberia (IB) Airlines: Iberia is the flag carrier airline of Spain with its hub at Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (MAD).
- American Airlines (AA): American Airlines is the flag carrier of the USA, but it operates with British Airways. So, the connection takes place at the latter’s hub: London Heathrow (LHR) or London Gatwick (LGW).
- United Airlines (UA): United Airlines is a major American Airlines. It operates its flight to Hamburg with Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa. The connection take place at the hub of partner airlines, namely, Brussels (BRU) and Frankfurt (FRA).
No carriers operate nonstop flights to Hamburg from any of the cities/airports in the USA.
No matter whichever season you plan, you will always find the free-spirited travelers flocking this city. Fly to Hamburg in summer, that is, from May to October, as winter is harsh in Germany. Getting there in summer makes you witness breathtaking gardens with blooming flowers.
If you enjoy chilled weather, book your tickets to fly to Hamburg in October to December. In this way you can skip crowd as well as get top deals on Hamburg flights from all key airlines.
In a city that offers so much from mouthwatering food items to picturesque sea view, renowned arts and architecture to wine tasting events, there are a couple of other things too which you shouldn’t miss doing while you are in the city.