The airfares displayed on this Cheaparemart webpage are for round-trip flights to Salvador. The fares are based on historical data, are non-warranted, and subject to change. The Salvador airfares are inclusive of the base fare, fuel surcharges, our service fee and taxes levied by flight service supplier or carrier, terminal airports and government authorities.
Salvador, Brazil: Overview
Salvador (English: Savior) is the capital of the Brazilian state of Bahia. After São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasília, Salvador is the fourth largest city in Brazil. The city is home to several Portuguese colonial architecture and historical monuments. Most of them have been declared as the World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985.
Nonstop flights to Salvador with American Airlines are available from Miami (MIA). From the rest of the USA, 1 to 2-stop flights with connection in USA, Panama, Mexico or Canada, are the only option.
We, at Cheapfaremart, are committed to make your flight booking experience smooth and fast.
Airport in Salvador
Salvador International Airport Location:
It is located in Salvador. The driving distance from Salvador, Brazil to Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport is: 17 miles / 27 km
Focus City For:
Aerolíneas Argentinas, Air Europa, Azul Brazilian Airlines, Gol Transportes Aéreos, LATAM Brasil, TAP Air Portugal
Buenos Aires–Ezeiza, Madrid, Belo Horizonte–Confins, Campinas, Recife
Airlines Choices from USA
- Copa Airlines (CM): If you are on a budget, Copa Airlines, flag carrier of Panama, could help you with its cheap tickets. The hub is at Tocumen International Airport (TCU), which serves as the point of connection. It’s the shortest route to reach Salvador. Hence, fares are cheaper.
- Aeromexico (AM): Aeroméxico is an airline based in Mexico. Primary hub: Mexico City International Airport (MEX). Secondary hubs: Guadalajara International Airport (GDL); Monterrey International Airport (MTY).
- Air Canada (AC): Air Canada, the flag carrier of Canada, has flights to Salvador. Either Avianca or Air Canada Rouge operate the flights. However, it will be an expensive thing as the distance increases due to connection in Canada at Toronto.
- Azul Brazilian Airlines (AD): When you book your airline ticket with Azul Brazilian Airlines, also known as Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras, your flight is most likely to have its connection at Belo Horizonte (CNF), Campinas (VCP), or Recife (REC).
- LATAM Airlines (LA): LATAM is the largest carrier of Latin America region. The airline has is hub at Santiago, Chile. The airline has its subsidiaries in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Peru. So, while operating a connecting flight, its connection could be in any of these countries, or the hub countries of the partner airlines.
- American Airlines (AA): American Airlines is a major American airline headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The airline is operated by Gol Transportes Aéreos, with hub airport as Brasília (FLN), Rio de Janeiro–Galeão (GIG), São Paulo–Guarulhos, São Paulo–Congonhas and Fortaleza-Pinto Martins.
- Avianca: Avianca is the flag carrier airline of Colombia. El Dorado International Airport and San Óscar Arnulfo Romero International Airport (Avianca El Salvador) are its hub airports.
Take note of the hub airports of carrier, which serve as the transfer or stopover airport for a connecting flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best time to visit Salvador?
You can visit Salvador anytime and any season of the year. This tropical beach destination and the musical capital of is boiling pot of the African and European culture. Salvador da Bahia is also a major gateway to several top world beach resorts, like Porto Seguro, Praia does Forte, Costa do Sauipe, Ilheus, Itacare, etc. December through March is the peak season. Discover amusements, music festivals or nightlife options at their high points, that is, clubs and bars. Beyond December, the weather turns bit rainy. Humidity reaches its top levels of humidity between April and June.
What are the Top Attractions in Salvador? 1. São Francisco Church and Convent
The São Francisco Church and Convent of Salvador are bassed in the historical centre of Salvador, in the State of Bahia, Brazil. The ornate Church of the Third Order of Saint Francis stands adjacent to the convent. The friars of the Franciscan Order came in Salvador in 1587, and shortly they built a convent and church, but these were destroyed during the Dutch invasions of Bahia in the early 17th century.
2. The Historic Center (US) or Centre
Salvador de Bahia in Brazil, popularly known as Pelourinho, is a historic neighbourhood in western Salvador, Bahia. It serves as the hub of economic growth and social activities in the Portuguese colonial period and was understood to be behind the whipping post in its central plaza where African slaves were punished for various infractions, as well as for disciplinary purposes.
What are the top adventurous things to do in Salvador?
1. Hiking & Trekking In Salvador
You can opt for a wide range of hiking and trekking alternatives available with vendors or businesses offering cruise tours at a highly affordable rate. The experience of traversing through a host of diverse habitats, including Atlantic and Amazon Rainforest, the cerrado highlands of the interior, the Pantanal wetlands, is incredible. The trails of Brazil bring sophisticated viewing and breathtaking panoramas and wild-life without the breathtaking altitude of Andean Mountain treks.
2. Kayaking & Canoeing In Salvador
Equipped with an endless coastline (close to 8,000km) comprising of Atlantic coastline, and the most significant wetlands in the world, Brazil is ready to make your vacation enjoyable and unforgettable. Enjoy Kayaking adventure, however long that may be. Its jaw-dropping canoeing and kayaking attract travellers the most from across the world. While making your way through beautiful beaches or lake sceneries, you can’t afford to keep the poet inside you sit idle.
3. Kite-Surfing & Windsurfing In Salvador
Kite-surfing & wind-surfing are the popular adventurous activities that make travellers book return flight tickets to Salvador. What makes the sports a rage amidst the young? Say thanks to Strong Atlantic Ocean breezes. Never had a chance to experience such an adventure? Wait, you should wait and watch to learn from the experts. It’s not difficult to find the assistance of some sorts as there are a lot of adventure operators in Salvador.
4. Mountain Biking & Cycling In Salvador
There couldn’t be a better idea than this if you are serious about getting acquainted with the locals and the culture of the place. Visit countryside area to relief yourself from the stress and crowd of the urbanization. It’s no big deal to rent your favourite mountain bikes at an affordable price.
How far is Salvador from USA by plane?
The approximate distance and flight time between Salvador and a few popular US cities are as follows:
| Departure City || Flight Distance || Flight Time || Time Difference |
| New York || 4,328 miles (6965 km) || 09 hours 09 minutes || SSA is 1 hour ahead |
| Atlanta || 4,411 miles (7099 km) || 09 hours 19 minutes || SSA is 1 hour ahead |
| Philadelphia || 4,337 miles (6980 km) || 09 hours 10 minutes || SSA is 1 hour ahead |
| Dallas Fort/Worth || 4,991 miles (8033 km) || 10 hours 29 minutes || SSA is 2 hours ahead |
| Miami || 3,880 miles (6245 km) || 08 hours 16 minute || SSA is 1 hour ahead |
| Las Vegas || 6,025 miles (9697 km) || 12 hours 33 minutes || SSA is 4 hours ahead |
What airlines have nonstop flights to Salvador from the USA?
Which airline has the cheapest air ticket to Salvador?
- Copa Airlines, Aeromexico